Within the Private Client Group, Chadbourne's Ibero-America Practice specializes in providing legal advice and support to individuals, families, family offices and their holdings, having an interest in Spain, Portugal and Latin America, as they maintain, or look to establish a US, multijurisdictional or global presence.
The Ibero-America Practice is formed by a multi-cultural team with a multi-jurisdictional base of operations. It customizes the comprehensive services offered by the firm to client-centered objectives on a one-stop-shop basis.
Our brochure provides insight on key topics for multi-jurisdictional individuals, families and companies, in English, Spanish and Portuguese:
- When is an individual, regardless of his/her nationality, considered a “US resident” for US federal tax purposes and/or for US federal estate and gift tax purposes?
- When can NY law and jurisdiction be used in connection with contracts entered into by Non-US / US parties?
- Which key issues should be taken into account when entering the US markets, either by start-ups or established businesses?
- Which are the main regulatory issues affecting Family Offices?
- How can you benefit from bilateral and multilateral investment treaties?
- Which international compliance reports should US persons file with US authorities even if they don’t live in the US?
- What are the main benefits of setting up a trust?
Clara Krivoy heads the Ibero-America Private Clients practice. Ms. Krivoy provides legal advice and support to individuals, families, family offices and their holdings having interests in Spain, Portugal and Latin America, as they maintain or look to establish a US, multi-jurisdictional or...