25B Sahaydachnoho Street
+380 (44) 461-75-75
Download a V-Card
Sergiy Onishchenko’s practice focuses on general corporate law, international transactions, foreign investments and real estate finance. Mr. Onishchenko’s experience includes representing clients in a variety of real estate transactions, structuring and negotiating acquisitions of enterprises in Ukraine, as well as representing both lenders and borrowers in loan and equity financing.
*Chadbourne & Parke Ukraine LLC is affiliated with Chadbourne & Parke LLP.
- Represented IFC in connection with $20 million debt and equity financing of Megabank, a mid-sized universal commercial bank in the Kharkiv region of Ukraine.
- Represented EBRD in connection with a €5 million loan to CJSC "Uksnab," a company located in Krasnoperekopsk, Crimea, which is a competitive producer of commercial refrigeration equipment with a leading position in certain market segments.
- Advised Marfin Egnatia Bank in connection with its $52 million in financing of acquisition of a commercial property portfolio in Kyiv with a total area approximately 14,000 sq.m.
- Advised a Central European supermarket chain in its due diligence review and lease of a land parcel for its first supermarket in Kyiv.
- Advised a syndicate of banks on a €60 million financing of the construction and development of the Riviera shopping centre in Odessa, focusing on structuring and negotiation of the security package.
- Represented a start-up Ukrainian supermarket retail chain on the $30 million equity investment in its business by a leading Ukrainian private equity house and the International Finance Corporation (IFC).
- Represented one of the world’s largest food processing companies in its acquisition of a major stake in a Ukrainian company, and further advising on its investments in Ukraine.
- Represented a major international glass container producer in an equity joint venture investment in Ukraine.
- Represented a Scottish construction company involved in several industrial and office real estate projects in Kyiv.
- Represented an international bank in a convertible loan financing to a Ukrainian glass manufacturer.
- Represented a North American railway car manufacturer in establishing its legal presence in Ukraine.
- Represented an international bank in a secured loan financing to a Ukrainian cardboard and packaging mill.
- Represented an international bank in securing its loan financing to a major Ukrainian brewery.
Mr. Onishchenko has been consistently recognized by leading international and Ukrainian legal directories such as Chambers Global, Chambers Europe, Legal 500 EMEA, PLC Which Lawyer, The Best Lawyers, Ukrainian Law Firms. A Handbook for Foreign Clients for his real estate and construction, corporate/M&A, banking and finance work in Ukraine.
Activities and Affiliations
Mr. Onishchenko is a member of the Ukrainian Bar Association.
Mr. Onishchenko has authored several articles in Ukrainian law journals on issues of administrative law, as well as in various publications regarding real estate matters.
Mergers and Acquisitions
Food and Beverage
Russia, CIS and Central Europe
- Kharkiv Law Institute, Law Degree, with honors, 1988
- Cornell Law School, LL.M., 1994
- Advocate’s license, 2000
- District Attorney, District Procurator’s Office in Kharkiv, Ukraine, 1988-1989
- Law Instructor, Kharkiv Law Institute, 1989-1992
- Associate, leading U.S. law firm, 1993-2004