Scott Berson represents lenders and borrowers in connection with structured as well as more conventional financings, both secured and unsecured, and corporate clients in connection with other transactional matters. Mr. Berson has chaired the Firm’s recruiting committee and currently chairs its collections committee.
- Represented a leading recycling company and its subsidiaries, as borrowers and guarantors, in connection with its US$90 million term loan and revolving credit facility, secured by substantially all of the assets of the borrower and guarantors.
- Represented an educational institution, as borrower, under a loan facility consisting of two term loans aggregating US$45 million, the proceeds of which were used to redeem a series of tax exempt bonds and a series of taxable bonds.
- Recently represented a major financial institution as administrative agent in connection with the refinancings of an US$850 million and US$525 million credit facility for two separate Fortune 500 companies.
- Recently represented a U.S.-based fuel broker, as borrower, under a revolving and term loan facility in excess of US$1 billion, and have represented the company, as originator, in two separate receivables financings, one for US$160 million and one for US$50 million, both of which were wrapped with trade credit insurance.
- Recently represented a leading recycling company in connection with its US$135 million revolving and term loan acquisition facility, secured by principally all of the assets of the company and its subsidiaries.
- Represented one of the largest U.K.-based hedge funds in connection with its obtaining a US$530 million secured term loan financing to consummate a reverse acquisition and a US$40 million secured revolver to provide working capital, secured by substantially all of the domestic and foreign assets of the company and its subsidiaries.
- Recently represented a high net worth individual in connection with a US$200 million revolving credit facility secured by the individual's fine art collection.
- Represented a major financial institution, as administrative agent, in connection with the restructuring of senior and second lien credit facilities through a consensual strict foreclosure.
- Represented the global coordinator in connection with three separate bridge loan facilities and three separate revolving credit facilities entered into as part of a public company’s spin-off and separation into three separate publicly traded companies.
- Represented the arranger of two separate US$200 million senior life settlement transactions involving the financing of a pool of U.S. life insurance policies, one of which was funded solely through a foreign equity offering and the other of which was funded with both debt (U.S. and foreign) and equity (through a foreign offering).
- Represented a major financial institution in connection with its purchase from various originators of payment rights under structured settlements.
Synthetic Leasing – The New Financial Phoenix