Chadbourne's Multi-disciplinary Latin America Practice Is Ranked Across the Board by Legal 500
Fifteen Chadbourne Lawyers Recognized in Survey of Clients and Peers
September 12, 2012
Chadbourne & Parke LLP received top scores in the inaugural Latin America survey by Legal 500. The results, which are based on feedback from clients and peers, identify Chadbourne as having one of the world's premier Latin America practices. Fifteen Chadbourne lawyers were recognized by Legal 500 Latin America 2012 as leaders in their fields.
Demonstrating breadth and depth in corporate, project finance and disputes-related matters across the region, Chadbourne received rankings in all five Legal 500 categories for international firms:
- Banking and Finance
- Capital Markets
- International Arbitration
- Projects and Energy
Chadbourne is described by Legal 500 as having an "outstanding reputation in Latin America, both for its offices in São Paulo and Mexico City, and for its Latin America-focused team in the US." The firm is also praised by clients and peers for its ability to "consistently deliver the highest caliber service regardless of deal size or complexity," as well as its "multi-country capabilities with local expertise.'
With offices in the two largest markets in Latin America, Brazil and Mexico, and a dedicated cross-disciplinary, multi-jurisdictional practice going back to the 1980s, Chadbourne has been involved in groundbreaking and complex transactions in the region in the energy, infrastructure and financial services sectors, among others. Chadbourne's most recent innovative and award-winning experience includes:
- Representation of a consortium, including Macquarie Mexican Infrastructure Fund, on the purchase, development and financing of the largest single stage wind farm in Latin America. It also represented Macquarie Capital Advisers (MacCap) and Fomento Económico Mexicano, S.A.B. de C.V. (FEMSA) in the partial equity sell-down of the project.
- Representation of Aeropuertos Argentina 2000 S.A. in a US$300 million senior secured note offering that won the "2012 Structured Financing Deal of the Year Award" from Latin Finance magazine.
- Representation of the international mezzanine lenders, FMO and PROPARCO in the US$165 million financing of the 44MW thin film solar photovoltaic GTS Majes and GTS Reparticion projects located in southern Peru that was named the "Latin American Renewables Deal of the Year" by Project Finance magazine.
- In 2012, Global Arbitration Review listed Chadbourne on its elite list of top 30 arbitration practices in the world, in significant part based on its work in Latin America.
These deals, awards and rankings came on the heels of four recent transactions that were nominated for Deal of the Year by leading publications that cover the region.
"For a lot of our clients, the issues on their desks involve more than one country in the region and more than one practice discipline," said Talbert Navia, co-head of Chadbourne’s Latin America practice. "Being ranked across the board by Legal 500 Latin America 2012 pays tribute to the fact we are one of only a handful of firms that manage client matters in all relevant languages, geographies and practice disciplines. Co-head Allen Miller added, "Chadbourne is among the elite international law firms with both a multi-disciplinary and multi-jurisdictional Latin America practice. We are pleased that Legal 500 has recognized the breadth of our practice and the quality and bench strength of our Latin America team."