Marian Baldwin Fuerst focuses on financing transactions. Ms. Baldwin Fuerst represents financial institutions, bank syndicates, corporate trustees and various domestic and foreign companies in connection with corporate finance transactions, including structured financings, leasing transactions, receivables financings, asset securitizations, aircraft financings, workouts and restructurings and other secured and unsecured U.S. and cross-border financing transactions. She also represents clients in connection with derivatives and other structured products and financial guaranty insurance. Ms. Baldwin Fuerst is the Chair of Chadbourne's Women's Initiative and Co-Chair of the Firm's Diversity Committee.
- Representing an indenture trustee in connection with the restructuring of notes issued by Newland International Properties, Corp. to finance the Trump Ocean Club in Panama.
- Represented corporate trustees in connection with numerous cross-border insolvencies including Metrofinanciera, P.T. Arpeni Pratama Ocean Line (awarded 2012 Restructuring Deal of the Year (Asia) by IFLR) and Celpa (awarded 2012 Restructuring Deal of the Year (Latin Lawyer)).
- Representing an indenture trustee in connection with various Lehman Brothers structured note programs.
- Represented an indenture trustee in connection with the Lehman Minibond settlement (awarded 2011 Restructuring Deal of the Year (Asia) by IFLR).
- Represented a major financial institution in connection with its exposure to CIFG, a financial guaranty company.
- Represented the ad hoc committee of swap counterparties in the restructuring of the monoline insurance company, ACA Financial Guaranty.
- Represented the global coordinators in a $16.5 billion financing in connection with the spin-off by Tyco International Ltd.
- Represented the originator and servicer in a $229 million securitization of pharmaceutical royalty payments.
- Represented the Spiegel Creditor Trust on corporate and securitization matters.
- Represented the arranger and agent in a $380 million lease financing for the construction of six fiber optic cable laying and repair vessels.
- Represented Citigroup in connection with restructuring aircraft leases with United Airlines.
- Represented the arranger and agent in a $275 million private placement of notes issued in connection with an equipment leasing program.
2013 PALS Thriving as a Summer Associate of Color Panel Discussion
On February 9th, practicing attorneys and law students in the New York City area attended a Mentoring Program Reception at Chadbourne & Parke. Guest Presenter: Timothy...