1301 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY 10019-6022
United States of America
+1 (212) 408-5491
Download the V-Card
Marc Alpert heads Chadbourne's Public Companies practice group. Mr. Alpert’s practice focuses on representing multinational corporations in connection with mergers and acquisitions, spin-offs and other divestitures, joint ventures, equity investments, securities offerings and other capital markets activities.
In addition to his extensive transactional experience, he regularly advises in-house legal counsel, senior management and boards of directors on a wide range of corporate and securities matters, including SEC filings, public disclosure, corporate governance, director duties and independence requirements, takeover defenses, trading by insiders, executive compensation and commercial arrangements and disputes.
Mr. Alpert is a member of the Firm's Management Committee.
- Represented Rockwell Collins, Inc. in:
- its acquisitions of ARINC Incorporated, Blue Ridge Simulation, Inc., Computing Technologies for Aviation, Inc., Air Routing International and related companies, DataPath, Inc., Athena Technologies, Inc., Information Technology & Applications Corporation, the Simulations business of Evans & Sutherland Computer Corporation, NLX LLC, Airshow, Inc., Kaiser Aerospace & Electronics Corporation and the In-Flight Entertainment businesses of Sony Trans Com Inc. and Hughes-Avicom International, Inc.
- the divestitures of its Satellite Communications business, ARINC Industry Activities business, Rollmet business, Kaiser Optical Systems business and interests in Rockwell Scientific Company LLC
- Represented World Fuel Services Corporation in its acquisitions of Colt International, LLC, Ascent Aviation Group, Inc., Western Petroleum Company and substantially all the assets of Multi Service Corporation and the divestiture of its interests in Dakota Petroleum Transport Solutions, LLC, DPTS Marketing, LLC and DPTS Sand, LLC
- Represented GLG Partners, Inc. in its acquisition by Man Group plc., the largest cross-border merger to date between two publicly-traded hedge funds
- Represented Rockwell Automation, Inc. (formerly Rockwell International Corporation) in:
- the spin-offs of Rockwell Collins, Inc., Conexant Systems, Inc. and Meritor Automotive, Inc.
- its acquisitions of Jacobs Automation, Inc., Pavilion Technologies, Inc., Enterprise Technology Group, Systems Modeling Corporation, Entek IRD International Corporation, Anorad Corporation and Reliance Electric Company
- the divestitures of its Power Systems business, interests in Rockwell Scientific Company LLC, FirstPoint Contact business, North American Transformer Inc. subsidiary, Aerospace and Defense businesses, Goss printing press business, Reliance Comm/Tec telecommunications equipment business and Network Transmission Systems Division
- Represented CA Technologies in its acquisitions of Base Technologies, Inc. and 4Base Technology, Inc.
- Represented Riverstone Holdings LLC in the organization of AES Solar Energy, Ltd., a billion dollar joint venture with The AES Corporation to develop a global platform of utility-scale solar photovoltaic projects
- Represented the creditors' committee of the Tribune Company in the transaction in which the Ricketts family acquired a controlling interest in the Chicago Cubs
- Represented Meritor, Inc. in its merger transaction with Arvin Industries, Inc. and its acquisition of Lucas Varity plc’s Heavy Vehicle Braking Systems business
- Represented numerous issuers (including Gulfstream Natural Resources, LLC, Meritor, Inc., Rockwell Automation, Inc. and Rockwell Collins, Inc.) in their sales of equity and debt securities in both public and private offerings
- Spent over a year in Hong Kong representing developers and lenders in connection with international financing and infrastructure projects in Asia
- Mr. Alpert was named a “Leading Lawyer” in "Mergers and Acquisitions" in the 2014 and 2015 editions of The Legal 500 US and a “Recommended Lawyer” in "Mergers and Acquisitions" in the 2012 and 2013 editions of The Legal 500 US.
- Mr. Alpert was one of four attorneys nationwide named by The BTI Consulting Group to its list of Law Firm Client Service Super All-Stars in 2012 as a result of BTI's interviews of approximately 250 senior corporate counsel at Fortune 1000 companies. In 2013, Mr. Alpert was one of six attorneys nationwide named by BTI to its list of Client Service All Star MVPs who have been included on the list for three consecutive years.
- Mr. Alpert's client, Rockwell Collins, Inc., named Chadbourne the recipient of its inaugural Law Firm Value Award for 2013, which recognizes law firms and their leaders for demonstrating excellence in results, ownership of responsibilities, communication, cost/schedule performance, Lean principles, and diversity and inclusion.
Activities and Affiliations
Mr. Alpert is a member of the New York State Bar Association and the Society of Corporate Secretaries & Governance Professionals.
Speeches and Events
Mr. Alpert regularly conducts presentations for clients and other attorneys on significant corporate and securities matters.