Riverside Towers 52/5 Kosmodamianskaya Naberezhnaya
+7 (495) 974-2424 or +1 (212) 408-1190
Download a V-Card
Konstantin Konstantinov’s practice focuses on international commercial and financial matters, including debt restructuring and mergers and acquisitions. His work has included representing mezzanine lenders in securitization transactions originated by Russian banks. He has advised security providers in connection with secured bond issuances, including sub-sovereign domestic bonds. Mr. Konstantinov has advised buyers and sellers on acquisition transactions, and worked on joint ventures, corporate reorganizations of Russian multinational corporations, debt restructuring programs and fixed income transactions. He has also represented buyers and borrowers in acquisition finance transactions.
- Represented the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development in its $100 million acquisition of a 4% stake in KAMAZ.
- Represented Alfa Bank on several debt/equity restructuring transactions.
- Represented Vimpelcom in a $34 million acquisition of ZAO Eltel, a St. Petersburg telecommunications company.
- Represented Sberbank on several debt and quasi-equity transactions.
- Represented Daimler AG's truck division in a $250 million deal to acquire a 10% stake in Russian truck maker KamAZ.
- Represented Open Joint Stock Company Vimpel-Communications (VimpelCom) in its approximately US$226 million acquisition of a 49.9% stake in the Euroset Group, Russia’s largest mobile handset retailer.
- Represented PepsiCo and the Pepsi Bottling Group in the $1.4 billion acquisition of a 75.53% stake of Lebedyansky, Russia's leading juice producer, with about a third of the Russian market.
- Represented VimpelCom in its €341.9 million acquisition from Hellenic Telecommunications Organization of 90% of CJSC Armenia Telephone Company (Armentel).
- Pulp Mill Holding GmbH. Represented Pulp Mill Holdings GmbH, an Austrian-German group (headquarters in Vienna, Austria), which produces paper, cardboard and corrugated packaging at the manufacturing enterprises in Russia and Ukraine and its affiliates on various corporate matters including in connection with buy out of minorities in Arkhangelsk ZBK AND Arkhbum. Also represented the client in connection with the acquisition finance from Unicredit bank for $115 million.
Mr. Konstantinov is listed in Chambers Global - The World’s Leading Lawyers for Business for banking and finance (2008-2012) and for corporate and M&A (2011) and in Chambers Europe - Europe's Leading Lawyers for Business (2008-2012) for private equity, banking and finance and for Corporate/M&A in Russia. He is recognized by Best Lawyers (2010) for his work in banking and finance, capital markets, corporate law, M&A, energy and natural resources, project finance and development, and structured finance in Moscow. He is listed as a recommended lawyer for corporate/M&A law in Russia and in the area of capital markets in Russia in PLC Which Lawyer? (2010).