Effective Waste Management and Recycling and Use of Innovative Technologies
Wednesday, April 1, 2009
Chadbourne & Parke LLP, as General Partner, the Russian business daily, Vedomosti, and The St. Petersburg Times organized Effective Waste Management and Recycling and Use of Innovative Technologies, a international conference in St. Petersburg, Russia.
This conference provided a unique forum for meeting government, business and press representatives from St. Petersburg, Leningrad Oblast and international specialists in order to discuss waste management and recycling issues and realization of a related municipal infrastructure project in St. Petersburg.
The conference addressed issues relating to waste that have arisen in St. Petersburg and Leningrad Oblast, suggested possible solutions to various problems associated with local waste management and recycling, discussed the adoption of new technologies, including nanotechnology, in connection with waste recycling and consider the issue of renewable energy in Russia.
In addition, participants had the opportunity to analyze an actual case study for the reconstruction of a waste recycling facility located in Yanino (Leningrad Oblast), with representatives of local authorities, representatives of the Government of the City of St. Petersburg and international experts with significant experience with these types of projects in Europe and the United States.
The topics for discussion included:
- utilizing PPPs in waste management projects – foreign experience
- using innovative technologies in waste recycling, including nanotechnology
- renewable energy
- financing municipal waste management projects
- private investment.
Keynote speakers included:
- Governor George E. Pataki, former Governor of the State of New York, now Counsel – Chadbourne & Parke LLP (New York)
- John P. Cahill, former commissioner of New York State’s Department of Environmental Conservation, now Counsel, Chadbourne & Parke LLP (New York)
- Laura M. Brank, Managing Partner – Moscow and St. Petersburg offices, Chadbourne & Parke LLP, and Head of the Russia & CIS Practice
- Sheila S. Gwaltney, Consul General of the United States of America in St. Petersburg
- Irina Skidan, Counsel, Chadbourne & Parke LLP (St. Petersburg)
- Jacek Kosiński, European Counsel, Chadbourne & Parke LLP (Warsaw).
Also present were representatives of the Government of the City of St. Petersburg, the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD), International Finance Corporation (IFC), Vnesheconombank (VEB), and RF Ministry of Economic Development and Trade, as well key private sector players.
For additional conference information please contact:
, or call her at 212-408-5593; or
, or call her at +7 (812) 332-9300.
For media interview requests, or more information please contact:
, or call him at 212-728-4519.
Corinthia Nevsky Palace Hotel